Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Rest of my NY Fashion Week

Monday 8th - Saturday 13th September 2008

The rest of my fashion week started on Monday with Marc Jacobs show and finished the following Saturday with Lifetime Television's biopic on Coco Chanel, staring Shirley MacLaine. I really didn't manage to go to half the events I'd planned to, I was still so knackered from work, but I did manage to catch some of the fun ...


One of my icon's, Kim Gordon backstage at Marc Jacob's.


J Lo and Victoria Beckham, holding hands.


Yet another pathetic attempt of mine to capture the genius of Marc's show. The mirrored set was stunning.


Catherine Baba, James Gardner and myself at the Marc party.


Rachel Zoe stopping traffic looking for her limo.


Maestro British milliner Stephen Jones.


James was still milking his birthday, so we squeezed in a celebratory curry before the evening really started, with Heifara Rutgers and Drew Cramer.


Cute! At the Marc Jacob's afterparty at the new Greenwich Street Hotel.


The kids at Marc's


Photographer Gavin Bond and his girl


Being a British but NY based designer I was roped into flying the flag and joining the Marchesa girls and menswear designer Keanan Dufty at the" Britannia Rules" event hosted by OK ! Magazine and Gen Art on Weds 10th.
Here's actress Leven Rambin wearing my emerald satin drape dress to the OK! event.
(Photo Wireimage)


A model wearing my taffeta bow dress from spring at the British Invasion party.


Me with the glamourous Marchesa girls, Georgina Chapman and Keren Craig.


Mick Rock concentrating on DJ-ing, here at the OK party ( he was in demand that night).


Next stop was the City Magazine re-launch party at the New Museum on the Bowery.
Here's the lovely Leigh Lezark on the balcony of the New Museum, with the night skyline of the East Village in the background.


Stylish Julie Ragolia, the new fashion editor of City Magazine.


Elise Overland and blogger Susan Kirschbaum at the New Museum.


Finally a bit of normality.My parents had come over from England to give me a bit of a hand with Kitty during and leading up to fashion week. Unfortunately I hardly saw them but here we are at the Russian tearooms which was a real treat.
My dad, me, Kitty, Paud and my mum having a much needed fashion break.


The extraordinary glass juggling bear fish tank. Kitty's eyes were on stalks!


Then just what I needed to finish off the week, Saturday night home in front of the TV watching Shirley MacLaine as an aging Coco Chanel with Malcolm MacDowell in the foreground on Lifetime TV's biopic...bliss!