Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Nice Bit of Posh...

Saturday 8th March and Tuesday 11th March 2008

"Oh golly, oh gosh come lie on the couch with a nice bit of posh from Burnham-on-Crouch"
Ian Dury and the Blockhead, "Billericay Dickie" 1977.

These have to be one of my all time favourite song lyrics, plus Burnham-on Crouch ( a small dead-end sailing village)in Essex is my home town.
When I heard that the multi talented singer-songwriter Kate Walsh, is also from Burnham, I couldn't believe it.We met up when she first came to the States and had a lot to chat about. I went to see her perform at Union Hall in Brooklyn last week and she was great.

A few days before that I'd been invited around old friend and T-magazine writer Armand Limnander's for a little get together with some Dom P and posh culinary treats. I was in fishy nibble and champagne heaven...


Kate Walsh on stage


Kate again, singing about another dodgy boyfriend


Round at Armand's apartment. Jeremy, Armand and Nicole.


Horatio Silva who writes The Moment


Me and Jeremy


Sandra Ballentine, T magazine's senior editor who I loved!


Lee Carter from Hintmag with John