Saturday, September 15, 2007

Screenprinting

Saturday 18th August 2007

I really wanted to do another hand-screened print at my studio with textile designer Ben Copperwheat for my new spring 08 collection. He suggested that we try an engineered foil print. New to me! Based on his "Voodoo Ray" print from the collection, he enlarged some of it , printed some taped-off areas in regular colour, then printed glue through the screen trying to make as little mess as possible, stuck down a metallic blue foil, ironed it on, then pulled it off, and voila!


Ben, Katie Toker and Maggie McGrath in my studio.


Taping off the screen.


Me mixing ink. More neon!


The foil being removed from the silk...this was the tricky bit.


It worked!


The finished "Fairylight dress" on the runway of my spring 2008 show.