Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Spring 2008 Show

Wednesday 5th September 2007.

My Spring 08 collection entitled "Désordre Anglais" ( a phrase used by the French to describe the haphazard eccentric English chic) was debuted with a runway show at sunset in the atmospheric roof Cabanas at the Maritime Hotel, New York. We than had a small afterparty there and the sensational Queens of Noize from England spun.


The Queens of Noize who were over from London; Tabitha and Mairead with me, rocking the house.


The MisShapes. Leigh Lezark looking stunning in a dress that I specially made for her.


Mandie Erickson and Arden Wohl; who looked as fab as ever, wearing my Kitten Dress from my Fall collection.


Top girl Alexandra Baker, who looks after the Queens of Noize as well as many other cool DJs and bands, from the music PR company Magnum.


Mateys; Lyonel Tollemache, Jacquetta Wheeler and Nur Khan.


A few of my top picks from the show. The opening look; Magdelena wearing the Sunset dress in jade Voodoo Ray print with wooden beads and Swarovski crystals.


One of my favourite looks; Diana M in the Feather Dress made from embroidered ribbons.


My new look Bianca Jagger; Tatiana wearing a hoodie halter waistcoat and high-waisted trouser suit in white.


Alexandra Tomlinson in a a metallic Mosaic Tile print on black chiffon with gold and black stripey shorts.


The lovely Catherine Pierce from The Pierces ,wearing my Bombshell Dress from Fall, pre-show.


Lauren Davis, Derek Blasberg and Olivia Palermo.


Legendary NY Times photographer Bill Cunningham with the ever glittering Mickey Boardman from Paper magazine.


The boys who all really lent a hand: Christian Giacomelli, Massimo Cuviello, Justin Melnick, and James Gardner.


Lisa Salzer, Kate Schelter and Magda Berliner.


Getting ready backstage.


Me and Kate Elson looking gorgeous in my playsuit from Fall, backstage having a giggle.


Man of many talents, Justin Melnick.


The amazing Kate Bartle and Melissa Lun from my PR, Starworks NY.


George MacPherson, from my UK PR Goodley and one of my oldest friends from London David Weston, who takes care of my UK sales.


My parents and Kitty.


My friend Maya Camin who always loves to help whip everyone into a frenzy and the lovely Jauretsi Saizarbitoria who played my show music.


Annabel and her assistant Danielle Nachmani doing a headband test.


Me and the ever supportive Mick Rock.


Tony King from Createthe ( he designs my website) calming Paud's pre-show nerves.


We arrive to set up at the Maritime. Janneke Verhoeven and Sarah Duggan do a bit of heavy lifting.

Thank you to Danielle Levitt for some of the above photos.