Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dinner with Kim Hastreiter plus a month of Libras

Saturday 27th - Tuesday 30th September 2008

On Monday I was delighted to be invited to a small dinner at Il Buco by Paper's co-founder Kim Hasreiter and Rado the watchmakers.This is that funny week when I always feel that everyone in fashion is in Paris for the shows and only a skeletal crew are left behind...however this was not the case!


Kim Hastreiter herself downstairs in the wine cellar at Il Buco.


Top Girl Kate Schelter and me.


Drew Elliot from Paper and another Top Girl,Fay Cantor-Stephens at the Paper dinner.


Lynn Yaeger from the Village Voice and Faran Krentcil from Nylon.com and page Six Magazine.


This whole month for me is Libra birthday hell ( myself included)! I literally have a birthday-a-day until the end of October. Anyway I went to textile designer friend of mine Ben Copperwheat's birthday dinner at Bacaro on Tuesday, which I wouldn't have missed for the world. This is Ben and his boyfriend Zander.


Stylist Grant Woolhead and Karen from Jed Root.


It was also my boyfriend Paud's birthday at the weekend, and we spent it with family in Connecticut. This is "The Place" near Guildford, where we went on Saturday night.Unchanged since 1971 ,this is a really rare sight in New England; a BYOB ramshackle BBQ. I loved it!


Paud dying to get his hands on the BBQ lobster and clams...