Sunday, January 6, 2008

Scassi!

Monday 17th December 2007

At the opening of the new exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum's Costume Institute, Blog.Mode ; Addressing Fashion, I got to meet and have a good old chat with legendary New York fashion designer Arnold Scaasi.His heyday was the '60s when he opened his couture house, and he has dressed everyone from Jackie Kennedy to the famously see-thorough outfit Barbera Streisand wore to the Oscars for "Funny Girl", plus he shares my love of vibrant colour. I was thrilled to meet him,looking splendid in his Turnball and Asser matching shirt and tie, he certainly knew his good angles when I he had his photo take with my i-phone!


Arnold Scaasi and myself.


Entrance to the exhibit and Commes de Garcons.This was a showcase for all the new acquisitions of the Costume Institute and invited everyone to comment on the "blogbar" installed.


The Temple of Dendur, where the evening continued. I've always loved this room in the Met, and it's now even more poignant as Paud's father Kevin Roche ( along with his partner John Dinkaloo) was the architect who designed it in the late '70s.


Paud Roche my boyfriend, examines the Eygptian antiquities.